Community Relations Manager
- Promote the mission of the Indian American Muslim Council (IAMC) to protect fundamental and civil rights through increasing education and awareness of issue and policies that support intolerance by defining, writing, and releasing communications materials through media outlets, as well as through community nonprofit organizations, academic institutions and governmental agencies.
- Draft and disseminate press releases, reports and other information to the media as well as partner organizations about IAMC’s work.
- Use traditional and social media outlets as well as in-person events and engagements to share information about IAMC.
- Work with IAMC board to promote goodwill of the organization.
- Draft speeches and arrange speaking engagements.
- Work with Board, staff and volunteers to assess the impact of community relations efforts and the public’s opinion of the organization.
Requires Associate’s degree in Pol. Sci., Econ., and History or a closely related Liberal Arts field [or foreign degree equivalent] and 4 years of exp. in offered job offered or 4 years of exp. in news media or public affairs.
Apply with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it via mail to Indian American Muslim Council at WeWork Midtown Center, Office No: 04-143, 1100 15 th St. NW, Washington, D.C. 20005.