“Empowerment through strategic advocacy for peace, pluralism and social justice”
Indian American Muslim Council is the largest advocacy organization of Indian Muslims in the United States.
The mission of Indian American Muslim Council is to promote peace, pluralism and social justice through strategic advocacy. IAMC is a Washington, D.C. registered non-profit 501(C)(3) tax-exempt organization established in August 2002.
1. To promote the common values of pluralism, tolerance, and respect for human rights that form the basis of the world’s two largest secular democracies – the United States and India.
2. To work towards increasing inter-faith and inter-community understanding in the United States, with particular focus on the Indian Diaspora with a view to safeguard individuals and societal institutions from infiltration by divisive and hate-filled ideologies.
3. To provide a platform for increasing education and awareness about issues of interest to the Indian community in the United States.
4. To build alliances and relationships with all individuals and groups who share our basic values, in order to work together for achieving the above objectives.
5. To provide a responsible voice for the Indian Muslim Diaspora in the United States in their quest for all of the above objectives.
How can you help:
IAMC is the largest advocacy organization of Indian Muslims outside of India. Being a grassroots organization our supporters are our most important assets. You may become part of a chapter team near you or you can form a core group in your city/region. You may organize a small group meeting to introduce IAMC in your community. You may also join a campaign or support our projects morally and financially. In short whichever way suits you best, we value your support. Please contact us and let us know how you can help!
Indian American Muslim Council
6321 W. Dempster St., Suite# 295 Morton Grove, IL 60053
Non-profit Tax ID: 05-0532361